During an especially hectic week at work, fitting in time to exercise before or after office hours can be a total toss up. That’s why sneaking in some gym time midday truly sounds like the dream. Unfortunately, not all of us can just waltz out of the office for over an hour to take a “lunch break.”
Just because you’re busy, though, doesn’t mean you can’t sneak in some time to sweat. Here are some short-and-sweet 10-minute workouts you can do whenever you have time, either at the gym, by your desk, or in the nearest empty conference room.
1. Get your heart rate up fast with a total-body cardio blast.
Since there’s no equipment required, you can do this workout from Jessica Smith TV literally anywhere you have the space (an empty conference room, perhaps?).
2. Sculpt your abs with one quick circuit.
This XHIT workout even hits those hidden lower abs, which are so tough to target.
3. Get a total upper body workout, without lifting a single weight.
Not everyone stashes medicine balls and dumbbells under their desk. With this FitnessBlender workout, you can target your upper body using only your body weight.
4. Use your desk and your chair to stretch and sculpt your entire body.
If your co-workers look at you like you’re crazy, ask them to join and get the endorphins flowing throughout the entire office.
5. Work your core from every angle with a 10-minute plank flow.
Try moving through all of these plank variations—from Men’s Health and trainer BJ Gaddour—in 10 minutes without dropping to the floor to keep that core engaged as long as possible.
6. Sometimes, what your body really needs is an amazing stretch.
Try celeb trainer Juliet Kaska’s stretching workout from PopSugar to ease any tightness and gear up for your next intense class.
7. Lift your booty in the break room.
Your butt will thank you for taking a break from sitting and showing it the love it deserves with this circuit of basic squats and leg lift exercises from Blogilates’ Cassey Ho.
8. Grab your kettlebell and sculpt your abs, arms, and legs in one quick sesh.
If you do keep a kettlebell under your desk, whip it out and nail these easy and super-effective moves from LA-based trainer Amy Kiser.
9. Whip out your best ballerina moves with a killer thigh workout.
All you need is your body and a floor to stand on (and this BeFit video) to make your thighs burn like crazy.
10. Only have 5 minutes? Try this express full-body workout.
Bob Harper from The Biggest Loser created this exclusive full-body workout for SELF.com. If you don’t have dumbbells, try using soup cans, or even water bottles to add some weight to your movements.
The post 10-Minute Body-Toning Workouts You Can Do On Your Lunch Break appeared first on SELF.